Tuesday, August 24, 2004

My colleagues and me was discussing about current Olympic games. He said about how technology had change the sports completely. From their diet, their swimsuits to their sport shoes, everything is being tailored to improve the performance of sportsmen. For God's sake, some athletes even reported sleeping in the altitude tent. Gone are the days where the records are broken without any help from this so-called technology.

En Zul: Playing sports is dangerous.
Me: Dude, what are you saying?
En Zul: Okay. You give me a name of one sport that you consider safe and I’ll change your perspective.
Me: Lawn ball.
En Zul: Slip disk.
Me: Swimming.
En Zul: Drown.
Me: Chess.
En Zul: Ergghhh… Chess is not a sport.

2 hours later.

En Zul: Brain damage. Brain damage.
Me: Hah. I didn’t get you man.
En Zul: I’ve answered your question.

This poor man needs almost 2 hours to answer my question to this silly game. Chess causing brain damage. Why didn’t you tell that to Kasporov man? Haha. I think, maybe, talking to me is hazardous for his health. Don’t talk to me man; maybe you’ll get permanent brain damage if you keep doing that.

I got a confession to make. I’m a secretary for a chess club, back then, while I’m still studying in Samad (SM SAS). Yeah, you heard me right Bakh, me the Samadians, you the BBians (both are boys’ school at that time) and we used to compete to get chicks in Assunta. Hmmphh. What a good old days.

Kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home