Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Being outside Ring of Fire, I never thought Malaysia will be affected by the earthquake. I was wrong.

Northern states (Penang and Kedah especially) is badly affected by the oceanic torrent after a magnitude 9.0 earthquake off Sumatra on Sunday. That was hundreds miles away. Read somewhere that it takes 2 and half hours after the super earthquake before the tidal waves reached Malaysian coasts.

2 and half hours.

What happened to all the warning systems. Don’t tell me that Malaysia don’t have those. Please don’t tell me that.

I know this type of events is not that easy to forecast.

I know that.

That’s where the words “Preventive Maintenance” came into the picture.

My prayers are with the victims and their family. May God bless their soul.


How I wish I was right.